- An ex-homicide cop with thirty years in law enforcement
- A UCLA Professional Screenwriting Program graduate
- A multi-optioned screenwriter and award-winning filmmaker
How I can help:
- I tap into my local and federal law enforcement career to let you know how your writing stacks up with the realities of the job
- I can provide insights and options on how you can navigate reality vs. believability
- As an experienced screenwriter and a former cop, I can talk story beats as well as patrol beats
- Also available for writer-for-hire assignments
I am a technical advisor for law enforcement scripts and crime stories. If you need general screenplay coverage, please see my recommendation under “Other Projects” below.
Half-hour pilots or specs
(Up to 40 pages)
One-hour pilots or specs
(Up to 75 pages)
(Up to 130 pages)
For customized rates on other projects, please contact me. If you need a top script consultant who doesn’t specialize in crime material, I recommend Pilar Alessandra at www.onthepage.tv
I highly recommend him.
Scotty’s years of expertise in law enforcement played a significant role in helping me shape my supernatural crime-drama pilot THE SIGHT, before it went out to producers and managers. His intuitive instincts helped bring nuances in my script to the surface and allowed me to create a highly marketable project. I highly recommend him and his services.
James Moorer, screenwriter
Scotty was extremely helpful with regards to making our script accurate and believable as it related to various aspects of law enforcement. He was able to answer all of our questions and was an absolute pleasure to work with .
Tania M, screenwriter
He spotted the errors
It has been a fear of mine that we’d get some simple nuance wrong with a cop in our screenplay–or worse, a big blunder. Scotty spotted a few of those very errors and now, thanks to him, I can sleep better at night as we head into production.
Henry Barrial, screenwriter
Please include info about your project such as: feature, pilot, writing assignment, etc. Provide any deadline info and the best way/times for me to reach you.
Can’t wait for email?
Call me. If I’m unavailable, please leave a voicemail letting me know how I can help you and the fastest way to reach you. Thanks!